General Requirements for Employment
- Experience in the use of common hand and power tools is preferred but not necessary.
- Must possess the physical strength and endurance to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 8 hours per day, and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work through all four seasons.
General Job Duties of a Construction Equipment Operator
- Understands the importance of and performs pre-operation inspections on equipment daily.
- Certified to operate specific pieces of equipment but familiar with bulldozers, excavators, backhoes, skid loaders, track loaders, high lifts, man lifts, and all terrain forklifts.
- Efficient in the operation of equipment to maintian production standards.
- Communicates well with crew members while operating and constatnly monitors surroundings to ensure safe operations.
- Able to troubleshoot minor equipment issues in the field.
- Able to complete basic maintenance on equipment, as necessary.
- Must assist with all other jobsite duties when not operating equipment.
- Completes equipment clean up and greasing at the end of each day.